TLC Assist Membership Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions represent the agreement between TLC Vehicle Assist Pvt. Ltd., a company registered under the Companies Act 1956 with its registered Office at B-601, Kanara Busniess Centre, Ghatkopar, Andheri Link Road, Ghatkopar (East), Mumbai – 400 075 (hereinafter referred to as TLC Assist, which expression shall unless repugnant to the context or meaning thereof, be deemed to include its successor in interest, assigns etc.) and the member of TLC Assist 24X7 Emergency Services Scheme as defined below.
- Scheme means TLC Assist Road Side Assistance Scheme as modified from time to time.
- A Member is a person who applies for membership under this Scheme and whose membership is accepted by TLC Assist.
- Facilities means the facilities set out in Schedule I which can be availed by a Member in terms of this Scheme
- Breakdown means the event where the vehicle suffers either mechanical or electrical failure due to which vehicle develops any defect and is rendered immobile
- Geographical Area shall mean the States/Cities mentioned in the Schedule II where the Facilities can be availed
- Vehicle means car, jeep or multi utility vehicle.
- ASP means the Authorised Service Provider appointed by TLC Assist who shall render the services directly to the Member in terms of this Scheme.
- Roadside means motorable roads with public access where the vehicle is stranded or has met with an accident making it immobile.
- Towing means moving a vehicle with the help of prime mover when all four wheels can roll freely.
- Wrecker means to position the vehicle on the road and/or pulling the vehicle with a prime move when one or more wheels are not in a rolling condition.
TLC Assist Road Side Assistance Membership
- Membership under this Scheme is specific to the person who is accepted as a Member and is also specific to the Vehicle specified by the Member in the application form.
- Any person may apply for TLC Assist Road Side Assistance membership. He/She has to apply for membership in the prescribed form with the prescribed membership fee. The activation of membership will be done by TLC Assist only on receipt of Membership details and payment realization. The membership accepted by TLC Assist will be active only after 48 hours from the time of payment realization provided all necessary membership details are available with TLC Assist. Member is eligible to avail any facility of the scheme only after activation of the membership by TLC Assist.
- TLC Assist has full right to accept or reject any application at its sole and absolute discretion. TLC Assist is not bound to assign any reason for the acceptance or rejection of any Application. In case of any application is rejected by TLC Assist and payment has been realized by us than refund will be done as per “TLC Assist Refund Policy”<\/li>
- Membership is personal to the person applying and is also specific to the vehicle specified in the application. Membership for vehicle is transferable to any other vehicle meeting all the required Norms as mentioned in Terms and Conditions.
Membership Fee will be declared by TLC Assist time to time. Please visit our website www.tlcassist.in/packages.html
to know the correct fee of respective membership. The full amount of the membership fee should be paid by means of online payment gateway/account payee cheque/demand draft drawn in favour of TLC Vehicle Assist Pvt. Ltd.
Amounts payable by the Member
Please refer respective membership details. Wherever amounts are payable, the Member shall make the payment directly to the ASP or any appropriate party and not to TLC Assist until and unless requested and specified by TLC call center.
Membership Kit and Card
- TLC Assist will send a membership kit at the member’s address as provided in the application form by the member. This kit will carry a membership card, Terms and condition booklet and a sticker.
- Membership under the Scheme is evidenced by a Membership Card issued by TLC Assist to the Member. The Member must produce his Membership Card and quote his membership number every time in order to avail the facilities offered under the Scheme.
- We request and encourage the member to stick the sticker provided by TLC Assist on front or rear windshield glass of the vehicle for which member had taken the scheme. This will help TLC Assist ASP to identify member’s vehicle.
- There may be some variations in facilities and coverage depending upon the type of membership member have purchased. Please see the respective Membership for more details. Please make sure you are aware of the type of membership you hold. You can call us on our toll free number 1800 2125040 to know more about membership details and benefits.
Loss of Card
The Member shall promptly inform TLC Assist of any loss/theft of the Membership Card to avoid misuse by any other person. A new Membership Card will be issued to the registered owner of the vehicle upon payment of the prescribed fee. The Member will be liable for any misuse of the Membership Card until the loss is reported to TLC Assist.
Membership is valid for one (1) year from the date of activation of membership by TLC Assist, provided the membership is not cancelled/terminated before the date of expiry of the term.
Cancellation of Membership by the Member
The member has right to cancel their Membership within 05 (Five) days (termed as cooling off period) from the time of activation of membership by TLC Assist provided member has not availed any of the facility for which member is eligible as per the scheme purchased during “cooling off period”. The cancellation of Membership shall be made by notice in writing only to TLC Assist by the member.
Vehicles Coverage Criteria
- Vehicle must be less than 07 years old from the year of manufacturing.
- Not run for any commercial purposes and/or used only for lawful activities
- Owned by the Member and registered on member’s name.
- Driven by a licensed driver whose license is still in force capable of being driven in public roadways in accordance with the laws for the time being in force, can be covered by the Scheme
- A person applying for membership under the scheme shall confirm that the Vehicle covered has not been involved in or used for any unlawful activities and shall undertake that the Vehicle will not be involved in any acts which may be illegal or prohibited under law during the period of the membership.
Facilities offered under the Scheme
A Member can avail only the facilities set out in scheme which he/she purchased subject to the terms and conditions of the Scheme for which the payment has been made.
Mode of availing the Facilities
- A Member who wishes to avail the facilities offered by the Scheme shall call the Telephone Number of the Call Centre specified for the purpose. The Call Centre shall arrange for the Facilities required by the Member after the Member establishes his identity by quoting the Membership number allotted for the purpose and some other membership identifications as requested by call centre.
- All requests for the facilities must be made only through the specified Call Centre. The Member cannot avail any Facility directly from the ASP without being routed through the Call Centre.
Clearance of Government Agencies
Where the prior permission/approval of Government Agencies like Police is required for attending to /removal of the Vehicle that has met with an accident/breakdown, the Member acknowledges that TLC Assist will not be able to carry out the Facilities until all the required permissions are obtained. TLC Assist does not undertake obtaining of such permission and it is the sole responsibility of the Member to obtain all such approvals/permissions for availing the Facilities. Also member is the sole responsible for paying any charges required for obtaining such approvals.
Exclusion of Liabilities of TLC Assist
- The Member accepts and acknowledges that TLC Assist does not directly render any services under the Scheme and the role and responsibility of TLC Assist is limited to facilitate the Member to avail at the place of breakdown or accident
The Member accepts and acknowledges that the above services availed by the Member are rendered only by respective ASP. TLC Assist shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Member in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of any delay in or non-delivery of, defect/deficiency in the services/parts provided by the respective service providers.
- Breakdown and repair services from the ASP
- Facilitating Taxi services from taxi operators and
- Ambulance and medical services from the doctors and hospitals or private ambulance fleet agency.
- The ASPs are not agents of TLC Assist and the Member shall deal with the ASPs directly, at his own risk and cost. All payments due to the ASP as a result of the Member having availed the ASP's services shall be made directly to such ASP.
- Members are advised to take an acknowledgment from the ASP for the list of Accessories/extra fittings and other belongings in the Vehicle at the time of ASP taking possession of the Vehicle and to verify these items when delivery is taken back by them. Claim for loss of damage to items, if any, should be taken up with the ASP directly. TLC Assist shall not be responsible for any such claims, damage/loss or any deficiency of service of the ASP
- Though the ASPs are trained and equipped to carry out roadside repairs but not in position to comment on general safety or roadworthiness of the vehicle after a repair. In addition to, completion of breakdown repair cannot be taken to signify or in way guarantee the general roadworthiness of the vehicle concerned.
TLC Assist shall not be liable for service failures where TLC Assist is faced with circumstances outside its reasonable control. TLC Assist is not responsible for its non-performance of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement if such non-performance/non delivery is due to Force Majeure situations. Force Majeure situations includes but is not limited to acts of God, laws, rules and regulations for the time being in force, orders of statutory or government authorities, industrial disputes, road blocks, traffic diversions, adverse weather conditions, failure of telecommunications line or system, failure of internet connection and every other circumstances beyond the control of TLC Assist/ASP.
Breach and Termination
- TLC Assist is entitled to terminate the Membership by notice in writing to the Member in the event of any breach of the terms and conditions by the Member. The termination is without prejudice to the rights of TLC Assist to recover from the Member any loss directly or indirectly suffered by TLC Assist as a result of the breach of the terms and conditions.
- TLC Assist is also entitled to terminate the Membership by notice in writing to the Member in the event
- The Member or anyone accompanying the member or his agent or who is receiving or is entitled to receive assistance in connection to membership is behaving or has behaved in a in an unruly manner or threatening/threatened or uses/used abusive language against any of the employees/representatives of TLC Assist or the employees/representatives of the ASPs. Any Vehicle covered by the Scheme is confiscated by the relevant authorities, on charges of involvement in any unlawful activities.
- Have falsely represented that member is entitled to facilities that member is not entitled to.
- A Member may cancel the Membership on his/her own by surrendering his/her membership during its validity period. The surrendering of Membership shall be by notice in writing to TLC Assist. The Member will not be eligible for refund of any membership fee paid in the event of surrendering of Membership if membership is surrended or cancelled after cooling off period.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein maximum liability of TLC Assist or the maximum amount of damages payable by TLC Assist shall be limited to the amount of membership fees paid by the Member for that particular year.
- It is understood that TLC Assist shall not in any case be liable in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of any defect/deficiency in service or spare parts provide by the ASP.
- TLC Assist and/or the ASP shall have right to refuse to perform the service or cancel the membership in case of any abusive behavior by the Member or any fraudulent representation, malicious intent or refusal to pay for any charges related to services and spare parts, during service or on previous instance, by the Member.
Reach time means the time taken for the ASP/Other Service Provider to reach the breakdown/accident location on receipt of information
Information on transactions etc.
As part of the documents to be maintained by TLC Assist, details of telephone calls between TLC Assist/Call Centre and the Members will be monitored & recorded. TLC Assist shall endeavor to preserve confidentiality of all information on transactions with the member. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TLC Assist is entitled to provide information about the Member to its Authorised Service Providers and such authorities as may be expedient or required under law for the time being in force. TLC Assist is entitled to use the data on Members for any purpose in relation to its business.
This Agreement is personal to the Member and the Member cannot transfer or assign his rights and/or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of TLC Assist.
This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between the parties on the subject matter hereof and supercedes all prior agreements, representations and warranties, if any, between the parties on the subject matter hereof.
TLC Assist is entitled to amend this agreement in any manner including but not limited to increasing or reducing the Facilities offered under this Agreement, increasing or reducing the amounts payable hereunder. Members are advised to regularly visit TLC Assist website www.tlcassist.in
for any amendment/s if any.
- All notices and communication (if any) to the Member shall be sent either by registered/speed post or by a reputed courier chosen by TLC Assist and shall be sent to the address given by the Member in the application form or through email to member’s email id as mentioned in application form. The Member is entitled to change his address of communication or email id by intimation in writing to TLC Assist. All communication by TLC Assist to the member will be deemed to serve the Member within 48 hours of its despatch. All notices and communication by the Member to TLC Assist shall be sent either by registered/speed post or by reputed courier to their address at: B-601, Kanara Busniess Centre, Ghatkopar, Andheri Link Road, Ghatkopar (East), Mumbai – 400 075. You can also write an email at email@example.com
- Terms & conditions and service coverage, exclusions etc. are subject to change without notice. For the latest terms & conditions please visit www.tlcassist.in
- It is understood that after the performance of any or all of the services contemplated herein the vehicle shall not become roadworthy. The repairs/services performed are only temporary in nature and the Member is advised to get the vehicle repaired at the workshop of his choice to make it completely roadworthy.
- TLC Assist shall not be responsible for any additional damage or loss to the vehicle or any additional scratches/dents caused to the vehicle due to any deficiency in service attributable to the ASP. Accordingly TLC Assist shall not be responsible for the fittings or any other belongings of the Member. The Member is advised to obtain an acknowledgement of the belongings/fittings and other details before the actual service is performed by the ASP
- It is understood that TLC Assist or the ASP shall not be obligated to perform the service in case the vehicle is unattended, seized, unregistered or abandoned
Arbitration & Jurisdiction
Any disputes and/or claims arising out of or in connection with this Agreement whether during the subsistence of this agreement or thereafter shall be referred to arbitration by a sole arbitrator appointed by TLC Assist. The provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force shall apply. The arbitration shall be held in Mumbai City, India and the proceedings shall be conducted in English. The Courts in Mumbai City shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
TLC Assist Membership Fee Refund Policy
TLC Assist will refund the membership fee paid by member if membership is cancelled by either member or TLC Assist within the cooling off period. TLC Assist will transfer the payment to member’s bank account only through e-transfer. Member is requested to provide following details to TLC Assist in writing
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Bank account number
- Beneficiary full name (as per bank records)
- Bank name/branch details and IFSC code
- Cancelled cheque copy
Refund will not be possible in event member fails to intimate TLC Assist in writing within cooling off period.
TLC assist will not refund any amount to member if the membership is cancelled after cooling off period either by member of TLC Assist.
Facilities Offered Under Emergency Roadside Assistance
This refers to rendering assistance at the Roadside, when the Vehicle is stranded due to a breakdown or Accident. Labour Assistance for minor mechanical & electrical repairs, arranging for wrecker services, arranging for Towing Services, as detailed below: (Consumables & Parts charged at actuals to the end Member).
- On site - Minor Repairs of the Covered VehicleIn the event of immobilization of the Covered Vehicle due to mechanical or electrical breakdown and as long as the said fault can be repaired at the place of immobilization within a maximum time period of thirty minutes, TLC Assist will proceed with on-site repair of the breakdown. Neither supply of parts or replacement elements, nor materials in general are included in this coverage.
- Locked/Lost Keys.In case the keys of the covered vehicle are locked-in, TLC Assist will help the Member as much as possible to get keys out of the car. Any breakage of glass or door beading, if required shall be with prior approval of the Member and to their account. In case the keys are lost and the abovementioned cover cannot be provided we shall tow the vehicle to a nearest safe place as per member’s choice if member is entitled for towing service as per the membership purchased by him/her. If member is not entitled for free towing service then such towing service will be made available on chargeable basis if member agrees to pay the actual charges. The Member shall have to arrange for a duplicate set on own cost and efforts. We shall surely help, if possible, them to find an appropriate solution. To avoid misuse, this service shall be highly restricted and only provided on Member furnishing valid identification documents.
- Fuel DeliveryIf the Covered Vehicle runs out of fuel we can deliver upto maximum 5 litres of fuel (petrol or diesel only) for 4 Wheeler and 2 litres for Two Wheeler. Supply of fuel will be based on availability. Cost of fuel shall be paid by Member on the spot. This service is not applicable if vehicle is at customer’s residence.
- Puncture or Tyre Change Assistance For covered two wheeler, puncture assistance will be provided on the basis of nearest available tyre repair shop. In the event tyre repair shop is not available within vicinity, member will be intimated about the non-availability of the same and the alternative arrangement will have to be made by the member. If the Covered four wheeler Vehicle has a punctured or burst tyre, ASP will change it with the spare tyre carried in the Member's vehicle. In a case where spare tyre cannot be used we either tow the vehicle to the nearest tyre repair shop or shall accompany the Member to nearest tyre repair shop and back to vehicle. The Member shall have to pay directly to the tyre repair shop/towing vendor and TLC Assist shall not be liable for the quality or workmanship of such repairs.
- TowingTowing the Vehicle to the place of Member's choice, if repair cannot be undertaken at roadside. This facility shall be provided using equipment deemed most suitable by TLC Assist. For those members who are eligible for free towing facility, calculation of number of KMs of towing will be based upon TLC Assist assessment of distance (using geographical tools used to measure the distance) from point of breakdown location to drop destination. Members are requested to refer the scheme for free towing distance eligibility criteria. TLC Assist shall provide the service subject to member paying charges for the extra distance if any. (Cost to be borne by Member if this facility is not available in the scheme purchased by member. Such cost will be intimated to member before activating towing facility). No bill/receipt shall be produced for the payment of any towing charges by TLC Assist. Member can request ASP to produce the bill.
- Wrecker Services (Cost to be borne by Member).
Schedule IIGeographical are where services are available may change as per the membership opted by member.Geographical area where the services are available at all Major Cities, Highways, Motorable Roads:
Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, New Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, West Bengal, Tamilnadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu.Geographical area where services are limited to major cities and highways:
Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Chhattisgargh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, TripuraGeographical area where no services available:
Jammu & Kashmir, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep
Schedule IIIGeneral Exclusions
- Any vehicle which has not been regularly serviced/maintained in line with the manufacturer recommendations and thus is not in roadworthy condition.
- Service will not be provided where fault has been identified by TLC Assist for a breakdown of the same vehicle within the preceding 14 days and has re-occurred because member’s failure to act upon TLC Assist’s recommendation.
- Service will not be provided if member or his/her representative is not able to produce/provide valid membership identification information
- Service shall not be applicable for an immobilized vehicle if is already at any garage.
- TLC Assist does not provide following services
- Any vehicle servicing or re-assemble
For e.g. where this is required as a result of negligence or unsuccessful work in the vehicle (including but not limited to DIY vehicle maintenance), other than that on the part of TLC Assist or its agent or ASP
- Any event when the driver of the vehicle is found to be in any of the situations that are indicated below:
- The state of intoxication or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, toxins or narcotics not medically prescribed.
- Lack of permission or corresponding license for the category of the Covered Vehicle or violation of the sanction of cancellation or withdrawal of them.
- Any event where breakdown is caused by deliberately inflicted damage, vandalism or participation in a criminal act or offence
- Any customer history where Member has twice on prior occasions misused or abused the services.
- Those accidents resulting from the illegitimate removal of the Covered Vehicle.
- Those accidents or breakdowns that are produced when the Member or the authorized driver have infringed upon the regulatory ordinances as far as the requisites and number of persons transported, weight and means of things and animals that can be transported or the form of handling them as long as the infraction has been the determining cause of the accident or the causal event of the incident.
- Any vehicle involved in or liable to be involved in legal case prior to or post immobilization.
- Those happening while the vehicle lacks documentation or requisites (including the Technical Inspection of the Vehicles and Obligatory Insurance) legally necessary to ply on public roads.
- Those caused by fuels, mineral essences, and other inflammable, explosive or toxic materials transported in the Covered Vehicle.
- Any public vehicle like ambulances, taxis, police vehicles and/or fire brigade vehicles and any other vehicle not used for private use are excluded of all the services coverage under these general conditions.
- Luggage that is not sufficiently wrapped or identified, fragile luggage or perishable products, and any commercial goods carried in the Covered Vehicle.
- Assistance to occupants of the Covered Vehicle different to those defined as beneficiaries.
- Any animals carried in the Covered Vehicle.
- The following vehicles are not covered:
- Those used for hire or reward, except if expressly included above.
- Those used for the transportation of goods.
- Those vehicles which are Completely Built Units/Imported from Overseas.
- Events which do not render the vehicle immobilized are not covered under the program. Some examples are:
- Non-functional horn. If horn is activated incessantly, the services will be provided
- Boot cannot be opened
- Damaged door glasses
- Faulty gauges and meters
- Sunroof not working, not opening or closing
- Air conditioning not working or less cooling
- Windows not opening or closing
- Faulty seat adjuster
- Vehicle run out of wiper fluid
- Electronic Vehicle security system are faulty but do not render it immobilized and the alarm is not hooting continuously.
- Damaged or faulty fuel cap
- Broken rear-view mirror not obstructing driver's view.
- Vehicle headlights not functional during day time. Service will be provided if vehicle is in use at night and member or his representative is driving the covered vehicle.
- Non-functional de-mister/de-fogger
- Illumination warning lamp of ABS, airbag warning or traction control or any such non-safety related lights/service warnings lights which do not render the vehicle immobilized.
- Seat belt not functioning.